Pages

February 13, 2011

I Heart Barcelona

Finally done with my Madrid post! Whew! Next up, Barcelona!!!

Before going back to Manila, we decided to take a side-trip to Barcelona and flew roughly 313 miles which took us a little more than one hour from Madrid. Unlike our trip to Madrid, our trip to Barcelona was purely for pleasure reason why we enjoyed it much more than Madrid. We were so busy and stressed while we were in Madrid so we were not able to tour the city, so when we got to Barcelona, we made the most out of it.

I loooovvvvveeeee Barcelona! It was so beautiful! Just thinking about it makes me miss it so much! This city has etched Spain in my heart and I will definitely go back once I already have the means to do so. I left a piece of my heart in Barcelona, and I'll definitely go and reclaim it again one time. :-)

Anyways, pictures!!!!!



Viva Barcelona! photo taken by a Filipino we met there.


I'm horrible at remembering places


the carvings on the monument reminds me of the Spanish friars during the Spanish colonial era


fact: that girl behind me got no panties on and her pubs are waving hello at us wtf!


i think this is the Olympic Stadium during the Barcelona Olympics


i've never seen this many doves in my life!



fortunately, was not able to catch bird flu.



one of the buildings designed by Antoni Gaudi. just google what this place is called.


was wearing the shirt given to me by my Spanish colleagues before we left Madrid


Align Centershopping (er, window shopping) in Chanel


Burberry!


Bulgari


Gucci


Louis Vuitton


the famous, but still unfinished masterpiece of Antoni Gaudi, the Sagrada Familia


this huge cathedral started in 1882 but is scheduled to be completed on 2026!


just look at the sculptures! magnificent!


on the other side


customary pic with the Sagrada Familia


a pic of me under the Olympic rings


this structure, with it's eight rings, symbolizes the Olympic rings. created during the Barcelona Olympics.


one of the government offices


at the gothic cathedral


again, i forgot the name of this park


can you see me?


:-)


Olympic Stadium


while waiting for the Barcelona Bus Turistic


the building behind me is shaped like a boat


pic taken after our arrival in Barcelona. somewhere in Plaza Catalonya


castle


with the breath-taking view of Barcelona


the Olympic torch


at Plaza Catalonya


one of the structures in the Olympic Stadium

one of the structures near our hotel


with Sheila


me


aboard the airport bus

No comments: